Renewable energy series – Light and power from the sun
- Low cost energy pack for affordable low cost housing or sites which require affordable lighting
- Portable – charge and carry
- Uses sunlight to charge battery
- From 20 to 60 hours light on one charge using a 2W LED light (Model dependant)
- 4 simultaneous 12V outputs
- USB port for cellphone charger
- Internal low battery protector
- 4 models available with different battery capacity, 7.2A, 9A, 12A & 20A
- 2 x 2W LED lights part of the kit
- More lights can be purchased as required
- Respective Solar Panel with the kit
- A life time product
- Internal MPPT Lead Acid Battery charger
This state of the art product, designed and manufactured locally, integrates a microprocessor controlled MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) algorithm which ensures the most efficient power is extracted from the solar panel to charge the internal lead acid battery.
An LED display indicates the approximate capacity of the battery at all times, and an audible alarm will sound every few seconds when the battery has reached 25% of capacity. Continuation of use of the battery to the point of critical discharge, will cause the system to shut down in order to save the battery from a complete discharge. During this time the audible alarm will sound every few seconds to inform the user that the battery is at a critical low discharge point, and requires a recharge.
As soon as a solar panel is connected, and sufficient sun light is available to the solar panel, the internal charger will immediately start charging the battery.
In the case that solar is not available, a 17V 1Amp PSU can be connected for a few hours to charge the internal battery.